Almost living in the country

Exwick is quite close to the countryside, and it seems they do things differently there.  For example, in the Sears household, we have domesticated electricity, which we keep out of harm's way on the roof, and we let it out gently into the house through little holes which are so tiny that it can't all come out at once, so that it doesn't cause any trouble.

Tiny holes - quite safe.

 But walking just up the road to the amusingly-named hamlet of Nadderwater, I came across this rather different approach.  Here they keep their electricity in a dog-kennel sited in a hedgerow, right next to the road.

Electricity kennel
Beware of the 'letric!




I was pleased to see that they had put a lock on it, because I wouldn't like it to get out on its own and come running down Exwick Hill past our house without being on a lead. I imagine their semi-feral electricity must be quite ferocious if they have to keep it outside like that.

I must remember to ask the postman if he wears a pair of Faraday-cage socks up there.


It's very nearly next year now, so I can wish a Happy New Year to both my readers!  Well done for making it this far; I salute your endurance.  2018 is already guaranteed to bring more unfinished projects; they are starting to pile up already...



3 comments:

  1. electron spark from that doggie.. hope to see you sometime soon. Musing amongst the hedgerows til next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big thank you to both my readers for commenting! It's nice to know you're out there. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete