Hair today, gone tomorrow...

As a deliberate celebration of my new-found lack of responsibility I decided to not take any kind of shaving device on our trip to Italy.  A tiny part of the justification was to save weight and space and clutter in the camper van, but mostly it was to avoid having to shave.  Of course I expected that I would get gradually hairier, but I didn't expect to end up looking like the Onion knight, Ser Davos Seaworth, thus:


Ser Davos
Me













I imagine that's why I got so many strange looks across the continent.  But of course, all such fripperies must come to an end eventually, and when we got back to Blighty, the lovely Jackie asked if I could possibly get rid of the beard, or at least make it a lot shorter, for the reduction of tickliness, and so that we wouldn't get stopped in the street all the time by gawping Game of Thrones fans.



And so I did - trimming right down to a rather more formal 9mm all over look as a starting point; but never imagining that the result of THAT would be that I would look disturbingly like ex-Federal Reserve head Ben Bernanke.  Doh!



Me
Ben Bernanke











Clearly ths would never do.  After a very brief spell at designer stubble (it turns out that's not really my look either) there was only one place to go...

...and so I am now, for the first time in over twenty years, beardless!

Unrecognisable!





How long this will last, remains to be seen.  I certainly preferred the maintenance regime that went with the Ser Davos look (nothing).  Anyway, if you should see me on the street one day and wonder why you don't recognise me at all, it will probably be because I look completely different!


No comments:

Post a Comment