Oops! No comment...

It seems that, despite my having chosen

Who can comment = anyone
Comment moderation = never
...in the bowels of Blogger's settings, those comments which people have actually made on this blog have mostly been lost somewhere in the anonymity of the dark web, only surfacing occasionally in an email account that I don't ever look at.

So I'm sorry about that, and I apologise for my apparent rudeness in not replying to those kind people who have engaged enough to spend their time responding to these little verbal frolics.

Please feel free to have another go.  As far as I can see, it's all working now, and comments go straight onto the page.  If you have trouble (I have heard mention of a password, which is complete news to me), please let me know and I'll try to sort it out.

Having got that out of the way, I need to make this post a bit more fun.  The best I can come up with is a couple of random things I've come across, so that you don't have to spend hours idly surfing the web in order to find them.  You're welcome!

  1. Someone other than me ranting on about free will.  In this case, it's Yuval Noah Harari, who wrote "Sapiens" and "Homo Deus".  Here's an article about the new dark art of taking advantage of people's mistaken belief in their own agency.
    Yuval Noah Harari: the myth of freedom
  2. On the topic of Blade Runner:
    1. Why the 1982 original is actually the best, and why Deckart isn't a replicant
    2. Typography and ridiculous attention to detail  (I really enjoyed this one.  If you're reading my blog, you have to give it a try.  It is a bit nerdy, it's true, but the reconstructed picture enhancement video is truly spectacular)
And of course no post would be complete without a picture or two, so here are some.  Personally, I think that life is an art form, and that it's is all about balance.  A corollary is that every apparent positive can become a negative if you take it too far.  Americans (some of them, at least) seem to disagree, and think that once you've discovered an axis of something you like, it's just a case of doing more of it.  Thus, I offer these examples of automotive creativity for your judgement.  What do you think?









I just hope these aren't the same Americans who control most of the world's munitions.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, here's a system check! The vehicles - super-sized carbuncular monstrosities, IMHO...the sort of thing development covenants are written to protect startled residents against!

    ReplyDelete